Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day the first - Ifs and numbers

First day of class, I'm here early thinking about our first assignments.
Chapter six deals with most of the normal programming stuff. Doing decision making with if/elseif/else, and loops. These aren't really anything new and the structure is c-like enough that I'm understanding it. My first real problem is actually just working with somebody elses's source. I'm used to being given a problem (say, calculating interest on a savings account)and being asked to write a script or program to solve it. Here, we're using examples from the book. I suppose it is also a case of first day jitters. <\p>

While I'm excited about class, I'm also looking forward to getting home and taking a good look at the Buzz API that Google announced - it looks like they're using Javascript to do calls to the API, so that might be good hands-on practice. I really only got to see a little bit of it before had to start getting ready. I'm also curious what you'd need to make widgets for Wave, I'd really like to play around with that more now that its public. I sent out a bunch of invites and . . . nobody every used wave - not even once. I guess that makes for a paucity of curiosity among my friends. Not a good sign. I just cannot understand the mindset where in which a person wouldn't want to tinker around with something new.


Well, about time for class to start and I'm all set up. I'll post more after class.

No comments:

Post a Comment